About the Trust
The Trustees are principally concerned to support organisations and projects which were of particular interest to Lady Charlotte Bonham-Carter during her lifetime including the arts, projects of cultural interest, preservation of the countryside, support for young carers and older people, and early intervention projects for disadvantaged children and young people.
- Prefer to support smaller charities, where their funding can make an impact, rather than those holding substantial funds in reserve.
- Do not support charities with religious or political objectives, Scouts, Girl Guides or similar groups, animal charities or large medical research charities.
- Do not support applications by or for the benefit of individuals nor sponsorship for individuals raising funds on behalf of charities.
- Will favour organisations that can demonstrate that they work within the county of Hampshire.
The Trust makes grants at the discretion of the Trustees and only supports charities and charitable organisations registered in the United Kingdom. Unsolicited applications for projects outside the UK will not be considered.
- Sir Matthew Farrer GCVO
- David Bonham-Carter
- Georgina Nayler
- Eliza Bonham-Carter
- There is no application form - applications must be by letter, sent by post, with both letter and supporting documents printed single sided (we accept this may not be possible for the annual accounts).
- Applications are not acknowledged on receipt.
- Applications must reach the Charity’s Administrator by the closing dates (1st January and 1st September), applications arriving late will be held over for the following meeting.
- Following the Trustees’ meeting (in March and October) only the successful applicants will be notified – this is due to the large number of applications received.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the end of March or October following the Trustees’ meeting.
- The Trustees do not provide feedback nor explanation for their decision.
Applications must be made by letter to the Charity’s Administrator explaining clearly what the charity does, and the purpose of the application and if this is for a specific project then how much is needed and how much has been raised to date. The application should include a copy of the latest accounts.
The Trustees aim to meet in March and October each year and the closing dates for applications are 1st January and 1st September.
Please ensure you have read the guidelines above prior to contacting the Trust.
Charity Administrator & Application AddressMrs Jenny Cannon MVO
Phone Number: 01508 571 230
Please note that applications will not be accepted via the online form below, this is purely for queries related to the Trust not covered by the information on this website.